One of the greatest strengths of our pan-European architectural practice, is the diversity
within the team. Home to 20 different nationalities, each one of our colleagues brings something to the table – and deserves their moment in the spotlight.
That’s why, this month, we’re getting to know a little bit more about our Architect, Dina Ouldelhkim – as well as what makes her tick.
1. Summarise your role at Reid Brewin Architects in one paragraph
I’m an architect collaborating with my colleagues to meet our clients’ expectations.
2. What’s one thing that surprised you about working at RBA?
The thing that really surprised me about RBA is the truly multicultural workforce —
which makes it a remarkably interesting office, with each person’s opinion being
valued and taken into consideration, for the benefit of the whole team.
3. If one of your colleagues could win an award (work or ‘fun’) who would it be and why?
This is a tricky question, as I have been welcomed into the RBA by each and every
colleague. However, if I had to give the award to one person, it would be would be assistant BIM manager, Mootez Talbi, for his ability to solve any problem on Revit in a very short space of time. If I can give a second award for the funniest teammate, it would have to be project director, Charles-Emile Perchaud, for his sarcastic jokes!
4. What led you to this career?
It’s an interesting and funny backstory! I used to play the computer game, Sims, a
lot, and I particularly enjoyed the process of creating and designing houses over
and over again. I also used to do a lot of drawing in my free time — which led me to
pursue my passion for architecture.
5. What topic could you give a presentation on with little to no preparation?
I can talk for hours about the aviation industry, as I am in the process of obtaining my pilot’s licence to fly small planes!
6. If you could trade places with anyone in the world for a day, who would you
I would’ve loved to see the world through architect Zaha Hadid’s eyes.
7. What’s the best advice you were ever given?
Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better.
8. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
9. If you could only have three apps on a smartphone, which would you pick?
Google Flights to travel, Google Maps to boost my architectural knowledge, and
WhatsApp to keep in touch with my family!
10. What’s one song or artist that you’re embarrassed to admit you like?
“He Lives in You” from Disney’s The Lion King. Don’t knock it ‘till you try it!